Benefits of an Air Conditioning Service Contract
Breakdowns of your heating and cooling systems both at home or at your business are inevitable, and most likely when temperatures are at their most extreme. However, these are the times when we need our comfort systems to work most. This is why having a HVAC service contracts with a professional air conditioning contractor is significant for any homeowner or businessman with a built-in heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems. HVAC Service Contracts or HVAC maintenance agreements vary in the services that each provide, but here are some of the benefits in having one.
- Eliminate downtime: In a business, any downtime can be very detrimental. As a matter of fact, having ineffective HVAC systems can lead customers to other businesses’ or competitors. Nevertheless, HVAC service contracts can curb downtime problems by providing quicker response time and quicker maintenance solutions. Some Air conditioning contractors will service customers with a service contract before a customer who calls them out of the blue for service.
- Reduce major repairs: HVAC maintenance agreements with a professional air conditioning contractor often comes with a tailored inspection package, these regular inspections can help to find minor problems and fix them before they become a major problem.
- Peace of mind: With larger purchases, for instance your HVAC system, home appliances, and vehicles, breakdowns can be very stressful. However, a good HVAC service contract provides significant peace of mind that everything will be taken care of with minimal involvement or effort from the purchaser. This is where a proper HVAC maintenance agreement comes in handy, knowing that your system is system is being checked by a professional and in some instances the same person should help eliminate one concern.
- Lower energy cost: Establishing a maintenance contract can end up saving you money in the long run. Regular routine maintenance keeps your unit running at its highest efficiency. An annual springtime checkup/service call can save you as much as 20% on your annual cooling costs, and a unit without any routine maintenance can lose as much as 5% of its overall energy efficiency each year.
- Warranty protection: One of the significant benefits of establishing HVAC service contracts with a reputable air conditioning contractor is the fact that some manufacturer warranties can be void without regular service and a service contract proves that maintenance was preformed regularly by a certified professional.
- Repair priorities:Many of the HVAC maintenance agreements come with priority status for emergency repair jobs. Some also include lower labor costs, and discounted parts. This is an advantage over those without such service contracts.7. Other unique benefits: Every air conditioning contractor’s service agreement will vary, some offer services that others don’t. When choosing a company for a service contract look for one that covers aspects of AC maintenance that you yourself do not feel comfortable trying to tackle. If you find an agreement that doesn’t provide as many services as most other contracts but you feel comfortable preforming these tasks, you may end up saving money by preforming these simple tasks yourself.
In a nutshell, HVAC service contracts provide many benefits. Although HVAC service contracts may sometimes be ignored by some individuals or businesses, the benefits that they provide could end up saving you money in the end.